The purpose of the TIU Alumni Association Scholarship is to honor an undergraduate student who is a direct descendant of a Trinity alumna/us and is excelling in academics while expressing an affinity for the future success of Trinity.
One $1,500 scholarship is awarded each year and distributed at the rate of $750 per semester. The scholarship recipient will be announced during the annual Honors and Awards Chapel each spring.
Any full-time, undergraduate student, including previous applicants and recipients, with the following qualifications, and attending any TIU campus may apply:
- Has at least one parent who received a degree from Trinity (all schools and campuses included) or completed at least 12 semester hours at Trinity.
- Has a minimum 3.25 cumulative GPA.
- Is entering the upcoming fall semester as a junior or senior
The student applicant must complete and submit all parts of the application described below by midnight on March 18, 2011.
Letters of recommendation should be mailed to the address below or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete all questions found on the online application form found at www.TrinityTown.com/scholarship.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from an alumna/us parent. If the alumna/us parent cannot, a close family member may write the letter on behalf of the alumna/us parent and must include contact information.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a pastor, teacher, or spiritual mentor. This person should also include their contact information.
TIU Alumni & Parent Relations Office
2065 Half Day Road
Deerfield, IL 60015
Any application not completed in full by March 18, 2011 will not be considered (This includes the receipt of letters of recommendation.) If you have questions, email email@example.com or call 847.317.8138.